Saturday, August 27, 2011

Dave Matthews Band Caravan - Governor's Island, NY Photos 8/26/2011

On Friday, August 26, 2011 the Dave Matthew’s band started their third DMB Festival of Summer 11’ on Governor’s Island in the state of New York. Because of that damned Hurricane Irene both Saturday and Sunday of the three-day music festival were canceled. Only the first concert of the Caravan was played.

My good friend John and I began our Dave Matthew’s live experience last summer in Camden, NJ and have been to six concerts ever since. Most recently, we both attended the first festival of the summer in Atlantic City, NJ. It was an amazing time and when John found out that the Governor’s Island leg was only an hour and a half away from our quiet suburb in Philadelphia, he immediately decided to buy a single day ticket.

I was questioning whether or not I should fork up the $100 to buy a single day ticket and go along for the great time. John even offered me $75 towards the ticket price if I would come along but I decided against it because of obligations to my day job. Unlucky for me, the group I would have went with ended up being six rows away from the legendary jam band. Here are some amazing photos John took from the event:

"Don't Drink the Water"

Cover of Neil Young's "Like a Hurricane" in honor of Hurricane Irene.

No comments:

Post a Comment